Graduate Medical Education Programs
Valley Hospital Medical Center offers Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) approved graduate medical education programs that cover total healthcare for individuals and their families. Our Internal Medicine, Family Medicine and Neurology Residency programs are ACGME accredited, as well as our Pulmonary/Critical Care and Gastroenterology Fellowship programs. Orthopedics has a pre-accreditation and is actively pursuing ACGME accreditation. Patients come to Valley Hospital from urban, suburban, rural and international settings, providing a wide variety of learning opportunities, as well as challenging opportunities for diverse patient care experiences.
Offered in partnership with OPTI-West and Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (TUNCOM), the programs offer the advantages of a large healthcare delivery system and a vibrant academic setting. The programs are led by C. Dean Milne, DO, FACOI, FACP, Director of Medical Education. Valley Hospital Medical Center is owned by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS).
Applicants are selected on the basis of academic performance, and personal qualifications regardless of race, sex, color, religion or national origin.
Valley Hospital is located in the heart of Las Vegas, and has an Emergency Department that treats approximately 50,000 patients per year. More than 14,000 patients are admitted annually with approximately 6,000 surgeries performed. The program faculty includes more than 100 physicians with representation from more than 25 specialties and sub-specialties.
Some of the specialty programs offered at Valley Hospital include:
- Award winning accredited Primary Stroke Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Advanced cardiovascular services include CVT, surgery, angioplasty, cardiac catheterization and vascular procedures
- Advanced neurological services include neurosurgical and interventional radiology procedures
- Surgical specialties include orthopedics, open heart, GI, urology, gynecology and general surgery
- Wound Healing Center and Hyperbaric Chamber
- Surgical and Medical Intensive Care Units
- Acute Physical Rehabilitation Center
- Adult Behavioral Health Unit
The climate in Las Vegas offers year-round outdoor activities, such as golf, tennis, biking, hiking, climbing, boating, fishing, skiing and more. The city's notable nightlife includes music, shows and world-class restaurants. There is no state income tax in Nevada and the rapid growth, strong economy and proliferation of new healthcare facilities in the Las Vegas Valley creates excellent opportunities for new physician practices.
- Internal Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Pulmonary/Critical Care Fellowship
- Gastroenterology Fellowship
Please be advised we are unable to sponsor visas of any kind. United States citizenship is required for all our programs.
Valley Hospital Medical Center
620 Shadow Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89106
C. Dean Milne, DO, FACOI, FACP
Director of Medical Education