Visiting Valley Hospital
Visiting hours are established to provide time for staff to care for patients and for patients to rest. However, should established times pose a problem for you, a nurse may be able to assist in providing alternative times.
The following guidelines are in effect until further notice:
- Inpatient Areas: Visiting hours are 8 am – 8 pm. Two visitors are permitted.
- Emergency Department: Two visitors are permitted. Visitors must come in with the patient at time of arrival and must stay in the specific room/bay until the patient is discharged or transferred.
- Outpatient Surgery/Procedures: Two visitors are permitted for pre-op and post-op consults.
- Certain compassionate care/end-of-life situations: One visitor is permitted.
- Patients with physical, intellectual, and/or developmental disabilities or cognitive impairments: One support person is allowed to be with the patient when medically necessary.
- Visitors are limited to a specific room only.
- Visitors must be 18 or older and provide the room number of the person they plan to visit.
- Masks are voluntary and not required in the hospital.
*Visitation guidelines are subject to change
Patient Visitation Rights
All patients (or their support person, where appropriate) shall have the right, subject to his or her consent, to receive the visitors whom he or she designates, including, but not limited to, a spouse, a domestic partner (including a same-sex domestic partner), another family member, or a friend, and the patient (or their support person, where appropriate) shall have the right to withdraw or deny such consent at any time; (2) patient visitation rights shall not be restricted, limited or otherwise denied on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability; 3) all visitors shall enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with patient preferences.
The Gift Shop
The gift shop is located on the first floor near the front entrance and features an assortment of gifts, plants, reading materials, snacks, stamps and some personal items.
You may contact the gift shop at 702-388-4747 to place a gift order for a patient. You can also shop online and get free same-day delivery from the gift shop directly to patients in the hospital. As a reminder, fresh flowers are not permitted in the intensive care units.
Free parking is available near the Emergency Department entrance. To enter through the front entrance off Shadow Lane, visitors are encouraged to park in the lot north of the hospital, on the northwest corner of Shadow and Pinto Lanes.
Our café is open daily with a variety of entrees, salads and snacks. Vending machines are located throughout the first floor of the hospital, and our Gift Shop includes an assortment of snacks.
Automatic Teller (ATM)
For your convenience, an ATM is located near the Emergency Department.
Chapel of All Faiths
The chapel is located on the first floor near the front entrance. Food, beverages and cell phone usage are not permitted in this area.
Valley Hospital Medical Center is a nonsmoking facility. Those who wish to smoke must exit the hospital and smoke only in designated areas.
Because of our concern for our patients, visitors and staff, we use special care to prevent the spread of germs in the hospital. It is important that everyone wash their hands thoroughly whenever they enter or leave a patient room. Hand sanitizers are also located throughout the hospital for public use.
View a list of hotels with the Valley Hospital Corporate Rate →