Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at Valley Hospital Medical Center is designed to help patients rebuild their strength and endurance after a debilitating injury or illness.
We want to help patients achieve their maximum potential and highest level of independence possible.
As patients continue their recovery, our team of specially trained therapists will develop individualized treatment plans to help each achieve their rehabilitation goals.
Valley Hospital Medical Center has specialized programs for:
- Brain injury
- Neurological conditions
- Serious orthopedic conditions
- Major trauma
- Medical deconditioning and other disabling conditions
Each patient has an individualized plan of care that focuses on specific needs and goals. Their participation is vital to the patient's success and can help achieve recovery goals.
Patients are encouraged to:
- Get out of bed as much as possible and attend therapy sessions.
- Sit in a chair for meals. The more the patient is out of bed, the more strength they will regain.
- Get dressed and participate in rehab. The goal is to get the patient to do the same activities they will do at home after their discharge, including getting out of bed and getting dressed.
- Participate fully in therapy. It's important to be ready for each activity based on a daily schedule.
- Communicate with the rehabilitation team, especially about the recovery goals and level of pain.
- Stay active on weekends to continue to build strength, endurance and stamina.
The rehab unit features a therapy gym with advanced equipment to help patients regain their strength, mobility and function.
What to Pack
In preparing for the stay, patients will need a week's supply of clothing, including:
- Loose fitting shirts or blouses
- Loose fitting pants or shorts
- Sturdy, non-skid, low-heeled shoes or sneakers
- Nightgown or pajamas
- Personal items such as eyeglasses, hearing aids, cosmetics and toiletries
Please leave valuables such as cash and jewelry at home.
The Admission Process
To be eligible for admission to the acute rehabilitation unit patients must meet the following criteria:
- Be medically stable
- Require regular, supervised care by a rehabilitation physician (physiatrist)
- Require 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care
- Need at least two types of therapy (physical, occupational or speech therapies)
- Be able to participate in a minimum of three hours of therapy, five days a week
- Have the potential to improve their functional skill, including the ability to return or move to a supportive living environment
- Be motivated to participate in the program
Learn more about what to expect during your rehabilitation at Valley Hospital.