Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center
Healing starts here
Healing a chronic wound has its own set of unique requirements. We specialize in wound care and hyperbaric medicine...its all we do. Our clinicians have advanced training by nationally recognized experts so we're ready to be your wound care consultants.
If you or someone you know is dealing with wounds that won't heal, let's see if we can help. Our Center is staffed with a unique team of doctors, nurses and therapists—all dedicated to healing chronic wounds. The causes of open sores are complex, and our group represents expertise in many areas necessary to handle a variety of circumstances and challenges. Solutions could be as simple as changing a medication. Or a wound could require a complex plan treatment including oxygen therapy. We're up to the challenge and doing whatever we can to make stubborn wounds heal so you can get on with your life.
How to start healing
- The physician presently treating your wound will refer you to our Center. Or you can make your appointment directly.
- When you call for your first appointment we'll ask you a few questions about your wound and health in general.
- Before beginning treatment, a team of doctors, nurses and therapists will evaluate your wound and review your health and medical history
- Tests might be conducted to tell us more about your blood flow and tissue oxygenation and look to determine if any infection is present.
- Together with your physician, we'll develop a treatment program based on our assessment of your special needs. Your program will likely involve regular visits to the Center. Your progress will be documented and adjusted as necessary.
- We will be in communication with your primary doctor throughout your care. Once your wound is healed, you'll return to your doctor for follow-up. And of course, you'll continue with your personal doctor for any related ailments like diabetes and hypertension.
What to bring to your first appointment
- A list of all medications you're currently taking including over-the-counter drugs and vitamins and homeopathic remedies
- A list of any allergies or sensitivities you have
- Medical records, including x-rays, if you have them
- Insurance cards and identification
Your role in healing
Much of the success of your treatment depends on you. We'll count on you to follow directions carefully and watch your progress closely. You'll learn about caring for your wound at home including how to change dressings and how to protect yourself from further injuries. Remember, we're here to answer questions and give you the support you need to heal.
Proven success in a caring supportive environment
Our healing rates are impressive: Our proven techniques and technologies have healed 90% of our patients within 16 weeks.
If you have a chronic, slow-healing wound that has not shown improvement with two weeks of treatment, the Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Center would be happy to provide an evaluation.
2020 Goldring Avenue
(on the Valley Hospital campus)
For more information or an evaluation,
call (702) 671-8660